As I mentioned earlier, centerpieces can cost anywhere between 15.00 and 500.00 + per table. So going on past experience/ alot of shopping for centerpieces, I have come up with an average amount of about 45.00 per table.
Making the cost for the 140 person example - 1035.00
In this DIY project all you will need is:
- a team of people (bridesmaids, family etc)
- filler for vases
There are literally millions of possibilities for this centerpiece, but I am going to go with three. The simple. The Large. The Extravagant.
1. Recruit your family/bridesmaids/friends to scan local parks, trails, anything for tall STRAIGHT twigs/branches. You are going to need about 20 per centerpiece
2. Once you get them home, have your team cut off the extra tidbits that will be attached to each branch. Spray paint any colour you would like. (I would only recommend BROWN or WHITE).
3. Buy a simple jar from your local dollar store & voila!
cost: 10.00 for spray paint & 23.00 for dollar store vases. = 33.00
1. Similar to before, send your team out to look for branches. This time however, they will need to look for larger chunks that have fallen off big trees. This picture is the perfect example of what you should be looking for.
2. Take home and cut off ugly pieces and look to focus alot of the bulk on the top half of the tree. You dont want any greenery on the tree what-so-ever. Spray paint brown or white.
3. Find a vase that is both tall and thick, the branch will need alot of support.
Cost: 15.00 per vase & 10.00 in spray paint. = 355.00
In order for a branch to be extravagant, it must be not only vast and tall, but have romantic elements that make you forget what it once was.
1. As always, you need the team to find you your branches. I wouldnt recommending going bigger (trunk thickness wise) than the earlier example- but you can surely go taller and more spread out.
2. Also, you will need to definetely make sure that the “ugly” pieces are removed and the entire branch is very clean cut and sophisticated. I would recommend WHITE or BLACK for this example.
3. You will need to buy your choice of votive candles, hanging jewels etc etc. The customization is completely endless. In order to achieve this look, you would have to buy about 7 candle holders per tree (at a dollar from my dollar store) and about 5 hanging crystals (Buy them after christmas and you can land them for .50 each. Buy a vase/plant holder that is contrasting your colour of spraypaint. If you have white branches, have a black vase etc etc.
Cost: 57.50 in crystals, 345.00 in vases, 161.00 in candle holders, 20.00 in spray paint. = 583.50
For the cheapest example of the branches:
Average Price: 1035.00
Your Price: 33.00